LA, First Day, Baybay

| |



Well, Jessica and I traveled to LA today for the National Youth Worker's Convention. We have a booth at the convention to promote Oceans Edge. (I'll take some pictures tomorrow). Traveling anywhere with Jessica is a fun adventure of Griswald proportions. Here is a taste of our day in pictures.


Airplane shot. A snorer was next to me on the first leg. That was amusing.





Beautiful J Boo.


We got stuck in the plane for awhile in Houston. It smelled like bodies.


Had the most amaazing lunch (at 10:30 our time...weird) at Pappadeaux in the Houston airport. Crabcakes with these perfect little potato straws on top and a sauce that caused Jessica to say, "I think might cry" after the first bite. And lobster bisque with garlic bread. Redonkulous. (I will probably talk about food a lot on this trip. Mmmm food.)


Too full to walk.


Watched a bit of this on the plane in honor of you Mikey.


California from the window. It looks fake. So beautiful.


The second leg provided a new character. I noticed the guy across the aisle kissing his own forearms repeatedly. He continued to smell and press his face into his own forearms over and over for the whole 3+ hour flight. An obvious case of OCD. Poor buddy. I'll give you an impression when I get home.


Waiting for the shuttle. We met another character. (she's on the left). She had 3 gigantic gold hoop earrings in each ear and white eyeliner and hated her job with a passion.


Thought of you again mikey. We are going to the Grammy museum hopefully tomorrow. It is right next to the convention center. We met another character here. A homeless man with a tube in his neck that he hda to cover to speak. He asked for some money so he could have a place to sleep over by Skid Row which apparently is not far away. After we talked with him for a bit, he moved on to ask some people next to us as well. They straight ignored his existence. This broke my heart. How do we become so hard? He is a man with a mom and dad and dreams and hopes and a soul that is eternal just like me. How am I so blessed? I don't begin to understand God's sovereignty in these situations but I choose to be thankful and to know He is good. -sigh


There was a huge Michael Jackson tribute that we happened upon. How cool is LA? We just happened upon a huge news crew and went to check it out. It was Michael's actual background singers doing an interview about the movie tribute coming out next month. I'll try to post the video.





And we eat again. Pizza with bacon and avacado on it. Myriah and Jennie, you would've loved it.


This was in Rite Aid of all places. A taco boxcar. There is a big boxcar race in the city this weekend. I hope we can go.

This blog was inspired by JBoo and Jennie. Don't hate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment